Work

Work

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

In the News: George R.R.Martin's Hugo predictions, and more

The Goblin Emperor is on my 2015 reading list, and according to G.R.R. Martin, it's in the running for Best Novel at the Hugo Awards (although, he believes Three-Body Problem will win), which honestly, makes me a little apprehensive.

Why? Because I'm not a critic. I'm a normal person, who likes normal things. And if you've ever watched any sort of awards show? You know the normal things never win. But whatever, I'm still going to give it a read. For the rest of Martin's predictions, check out The Digital Times.

Here's some more of what's going on in the world of nerdom this week:



______________________________________________________

The Nerdist announces its Inkshares Sci-Fi and Fantasy contest.

For all you Spec-fic authors out there, check this out! This is huge! Click the link. Seriously. Click it. CLICK IT!!! The winner gets their novel published! I would be doing so myself, but I don't have my manuscript finished yet.

______________________________________________________


Warner Bros. announces new Scooby Doo movie in 2018. 

All I can say is, thank God they are going back to animation for the reboot--the live action films were awful, despite a decent cast.

____________________________________________________


I myself am looking forward to Pawn Sacrifice and Creed. What can I say, I will never get enough of Rocky Balboa. The Visit? Yeah, not so much. There's a reason M. Night Shyamalan plays an iconic role in Cards Against Humanity.

____________________________________________________



Felicia Day talks about her new book, You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost).

Based on this video, I see this book on my shelf in my future. Oh, and a new fandom, possibly by the name of Supernatural.

_____________________________________________________

And if you're a podcast fan, give this episode on Nerd Reactor a listen.

_____________________________________________________

That's it for this week. Check in every Wednesday for what's In the News in the world of nerdom.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment